Squidoo’s Art Of Lens Crafting
Posted on by Service Analysis
What is a Squidoo lens, or better yet, what is Squidoo altogether? Odds are that you have visited one of their pages but never recognized the site, which is part of their benefits, but that will be explained later. Squidoo is a rather unique content sharing website where you create, what they have dubbed, a Squidoo lens in which you create your own customized page (miniature website). The lens can be about anything you choose under any topic, except for a couple which are fairly obvious.
This diverse method of customized content sharing has made this site one of the worlds top 500 most visited websites and has earned a well deserved reputation for online content and business promotion. This website has become increasingly popular because it allows anyone lacking website knowledge to create a lens that acts a small website, removing any HTML coding that otherwise would have been necessary.
- Lens: Create a miniature website (lens).
- Display: Allows you to customize your own professional content display.
- Coding: No HTML coding needed, its all done for you.
- Modules: Variety of functioning modules for display that help organize your content.
- Earnings: Affiliate networking through Squidoo can help you earn money through content.
- Marketing: They have a significant impact on internet marketing and product promotion.
- Traffic: Significant referral traffic usually follows a well developed lens with interesting/useful content.
- Increase SERP’s: Increases in search engine rank positions are common for links related to a strong lens.
What Can’t It Offer?
- 50/50: There have often been complaints about the affiliate networking portion of Squidoo and the fact that they take 50% of the earnings, even when the earnings are donated to charity (many webmasters opt to do so for the good cause).
- Time Spent: Many webmasters go into social networking with the impression that its a long-term method of content promotion that will lead to good things down the road, which is normally true. Squidoo offers nothing less, however it does take up considerably more time to setup a Lens than say a Digg or StumbleUpon submission. There are alternative benefits that come with the spent time though, so its not wasted, its just more than most would like to spend.